Effective Date: August 29, 2022
Last updated: March 8, 2023
AEG Vision operates only within the United States and complies with applicable United States privacy and security laws. Simply visiting our Website or any affiliated practice sites from any other country does not subject AEG Vision to that country’s laws, nor does it indicate AEG Vision’s intention to do business in any other country. AEG Vision makes no claims that materials on this Website are appropriate or may be downloaded for use in locations outside the United States. Access to this Website from countries or territories where such access is illegal is prohibited. Furthermore, our databases are located in the U.S. If you access this Website from outside the U.S., you do so at your own risk. By sending us your information, you consent to its transfer to and storage within the United States. Those who access this Website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, rules, and regulations.
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to hold your personal information for purposes of treatment, payment, or health care operations.
- AEG Vision, we, us or our refers to Acuity EyeCare Holdings, LLC. and its managed practices.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, device, or household.
- Service refers to the services we provide, including through our Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of AEG Vision, including third-party companies or individuals engaged by AEG Vision to facilitate a service, to provide service on behalf of AEG Vision or to assist AEG Vision in analyzing services used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to https://www.aegvision.com or any of its managed practice provider sites.
- You refers the individual accessing or using the Website or our Services.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
- First and Last name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Insurance Information
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Primary care physician name, phone number and address
- Pharmacy name, phone number and address
- Primary phone number and address
- Medical History
- Emergency Contact
- Gender Identity
- Employment information
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as your devices Internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Tracking technologies record certain information, like the device and browser information, IP addresses, referring and exit pages, and search terms. The Website may incorporate technology such as pixel tags, web beacons, and cookies that allow us to collect information about your actions while using the Website. Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer when you use the site, and permit us to recognize users and avoid repetitive requests for the same information, understand your preferences for future visits, and compile data about site interaction to help us provide a better experience in the future. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, however, you may be able to delete cookies yourself through your browser’s cookie manager. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your web browser. Please note that disabling cookies will reset your session, disable auto-login, and may adversely affect the availability and functionality of our Website and the Services we can provide to you.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company uses Personal Data and your information for the following purposes:
- To provide Services, including booking and confirming your appointment as well as providing treatment and examination services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by you or us when you provide the information.
- To manage your Account, including processing any necessary claims to insurance company(s), billing outstanding balances, or issuing refunds if necessary.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, texts, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- For other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- To meet any legal or regulatory requirements or obligations.
- Other reasonable purposes consistent with our business objectives.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
- With Service Providers, including our doctors, the practice location and its clinical providers responsible for your care.
- With any insurance company(s) provided by you, for either prior authorization for treatment (if required) or payment for services rendered.
- With payors as contractually required, such as commercial and government sponsored health insurance plans in the event of an audit.
- As legally required, such as to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information when we believe it is necessary or appropriate, including:
- Subpoenas and warrants
- To protect our property, and the safety of our associates or the public in general; and
- To investigate and stop any activity considered to be illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
AEG Vision will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How to Opt-Out
AEG Vision and its managed practices do not sell your personal data to any thirdparties, marketing or advertising partners, or program affiliates. All information collected is solely for treatment, payment, health care operations, and the operation of our business. You are provided an opportunity to opt-into text and email communication both when utilizing the online scheduling service and at your initial appointment on intake paperwork. You need to select or not select the checkbox to opt-in or opt-out of electronic communications, respectively. To opt-out of text or email services after initial sign-up, reply STOP for the text messages and click on the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. AEG Vision takes reasonable and appropriate efforts to encrypt Personal Data at rest and in transit, to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of Personal Data. AEG Vision uses industry-standard practices for data encryption and storage, such as SHA-256 encryption with a 2048-bit key. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to help protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data transmitted to this Website. Please be aware that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and accordingly email and other transmissions to and from this Website or made via this Website may not be secure. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. No data transmission or storage V&E 03.08.2023 7 system can be made 100 percent secure. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website. AEG Vision, its practices, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, managers, partners, members, shareholders, employees, affiliates and agents make no representations or warranties and specifically disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this Website or your Personal Data, including any representations or warranties with respect to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, availability, security, accuracy, freedom from viruses or malware, completeness, timeliness, functionality, reliability, sequencing or speed of delivery.
Third Party Websites
Access to Your Information
Limitation of Liability
ATTN: Compliance Department
4835 LBJ Freeway, Ste 850
Dallas, TX 75244
Email: [email protected]