The latest protocols for all AEG Vision practices. We are committed to the health and safety of our communities while remaining available to our patients.
AEG VISION PRACTICES BEGIN REOPENING
To Patients of AEG Vision Practices,
As local, state and federal guidelines evolve, we are opening select practices in a manner that maximizes patient, doctor and staff safety. Please visit our individual practice’s websites for updates. We thank everyone for their patience during this challenging time. We are excited to care for our communities once again.
AEG VISION PRACTICES LIMITED TO EMERGENCY CARE
To Patients of AEG Vision Practices,
Your health is our top priority and we have important updates on our services. As a medical service provider to our communities, we understand the importance of following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and American Optometric Association (AOA). In addition to heightened COVID-19 protocols from the CDC and AOA, more than 90% of Americans are currently under some form of stay-at-home order. To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting service to emergency care effective Friday, April 10, 2020.
Visit the website for your AEG practice for details. Virtual Consultations are available for emergency eye care needs.
AEG VISION TO TEMPORARILY CLOSE ALL PRACTICES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
To Patients of AEG Vision Practices,
Your health is our top priority. As a team, we have built a culture that prioritizes safety for our patients and staff. Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and American Optometric Association (AOA), we are temporarily closing our practices effective Monday, March 23rd, 2020.
Our doctors will remain available for emergency eye care needs. Additionally, we are providing the following services:
- If you recently purchased eyeglasses or contacts, we will contact you when they are ready for curbside pick up. Alternately, we will provide free shipping to your door upon request.
- Contact lens patients, we are providing free shipping on reorders to ease your burden. Contact your practice for details.
- If you already have an exam scheduled during this temporary closure, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If you have an eye emergency, please contact your practice by phone.
In the past few weeks, we have implemented health and safety protocols to ensure the safest environment for patients, doctors and staff. During this temporary closure, we will further enhance our protocols and prepare to see our patients again as soon as possible.
Follow updates on our parent company’s website: https://aegvision.com/covid-19-update/.
Thank you for choosing one of the many practices in the AEG Vision family. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you in the future.
To our Patients and Community, we have been closely following the COVID-19 situation and we take the rapidly-changing CDC recommendations seriously. As long as we can secure the health and safety of our employees & patients and stay in compliance with recommendations by government and health organizations, we will strive to provide vision services to our communities.
From the American Optometric Association: Doctors of optometry are frontline physician providers of essential care. … Based on the immediate health needs of a patient, doctors of optometry can and should use their professional judgment to determine the timing and course of care.
Patient Contact – Over the next several days, we will reach out to all patients who have booked upcoming Comprehensive Eye Exams for the next several weeks to advise them of the CDC’s recommendations and let them know:
We are happy to rebook your eye exam for a different time if you desire. We will continue to serve urgent/emergency patients and be available for Comprehensive Eye Exams if you deem it to be necessary. We will continue to elevate our safety / hygiene protocols to ensure the health and safety of all Doctors, Associates and Patients.
30 Minute Exams: At the recommendation of our Optometric Advisory Council (OAC), we are modifying the recommended exam length to 30 minutes. This will allow for further space between patients and further enable our ability to maintain proper “social distancing” during this period.
Additionally, we will designate eye exam time slots for Senior Citizens early in the day so that we can ensure a clean & safe environment for these patients. These changes will take effect as soon as we are able to implement.
Patient Screening – We will continue to screen patients both during reminder calls and during in-take interviews at the front desk. If a patient confirms any of these items, we will move to reschedule them to a later date:
- Signs/symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath
- Exposure to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Travel by air in the last 14 days
Waiting Room & Exam Procedures:
The following procedures are effective immediately in all AEG Vision practices. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Exam Room Admission:
- In order to increase social distancing, only patients are seen in the exam room.
- Additional guests in the exam room are limited to one legal guardian (if required).
- All other family members and guests will be asked to remain in their vehicle.
- Upon arriving and submitting any required information, we ask that you wait for your appointment in your vehicle.
- We will call/text you when the doctor is ready to see you.
To Patients of All AEG Vision Practices
As you are no doubt aware, the COVID-19 virus is having a significant impact on many communities around the country. Our leadership team, doctors and staff have been closely monitoring the situation – including the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health organizations.
We have developed a pro-active response plan that takes steps to ensure that we help protect the health and safety of our staff, patients and customers. We’d like to update you on a few of these precautions:
- We Remain Open to Serve You – The mission of each practice is to “help our neighbors take care of their vision, one patient at a time”. We plan to remain open during our normal hours of operation and will notify you if there are any changes. We will be here to help you with your vision needs.
- Enhanced Cleanliness – Our standard cleaning procedures have always used EPA-certified cleansers and disinfectants to maintain the cleanliness of our offices and equipment. But, in this new situation, we have implemented incremental cleaning protocols to increase the frequency of cleaning (common surfaces, handwashing & disinfecting, etc) to help ensure we minimize the risk of any transmission of germs or viruses. Your health and safety are our top concern.
- Your Appointment – At this time, there is no disruption in our schedules and we look forward to serving you at your next appointment. If you have not yet scheduled your appointment, our staff is ready to assist you. If you need to modify your appointment for any reason, please contact us. We would very happy to accommodate your schedule.
Thank you for your trust in us during these challenging times. We will provide updates as the situation evolves.
For the latest information from the CDC, click here.
Thank you and stay safe,
Dr. Ben Chudner
Chief Medical Officer