AEG Vision, an owner and operator of leading Optometry Practices, announced today the successful re-opening of all locations after temporarily closing during the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. AEG Vision has made significant operational enhancements to provide a safe, clean environment inside the practice – consistent with CDC & AOA guidelines. Additionally, they have instituted a number of permanent technological enhancements that will greatly improve patient communications and service.
“Since we carefully re-opened our practices during May & June – our Doctor, Staff and Patient response has been very encouraging. Our teams have been thoroughly trained to maintain strict COVID-19 Operating Protocols while providing an outstanding level of service. Patients have shown their appreciation for this with historically high levels of NPS ratings (Customer Satisfaction),” said Eric Anderson, CEO of AEG Vision. “Our careful preparations have enabled us to maintain full eye exam appointment books since the re-opening. As a result, the business has been consistently strong across our entire family of 150+ practices.”
Prior to re-opening, AEG Vision developed, trained staff and implemented strict safety protocols including:
- Pre-screening of 100% of all patients & staff for COVID-19 symptoms before entering practices
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all Doctors, Staff and Patients
- Extended time between exam appointments to ensure proper social distancing and cleaning between patient visits
- Rigorous cleaning of exam rooms, high-touch areas, frame samples multiple times per day
- Customized re-routing of practice traffic patterns to ensure Social Distancing in each unique Practice
“The safety of all individuals inside the Practice is our top priority. Based on guidance by the CDC and AOA, we continually adjust our operational protocols to mitigate the risk of exposure and the spread of COVID-19.” Said Dr. Ben Chudner OD, FAAO – Chief Medical Officer at AEG Vision. “In addition, AEG Vision has created a COVID-19 Rapid Response Team. If we become aware that any individuals were possibly exposed, we are able to quickly move to notify all impacted parties and take any additional actions needed to ensure the health and safety or our AEG Vision family and our patients.”
Beyond AEG Vision’s considerable COVID-19 safety protocols, the company has also recently launched several enhancements to the patient experience across all Practices including:
- “Telemedicine” Consultations: Doctors are available for convenient telemedicine consultations, if the Patient prefers. These virtual appointments can be easily arranged by contacting the Practice.
- Two-Way Texting: Telephone and E-Mail have long been available. However, most Patients prefer to opt-in to text messaging to keep in touch. Through its advanced Patient interface, AEG Vision Practices are now able to 2-way text in real time with any of our 500,000 annual patients to accommodate requests – including eye exam confirmations.
- Optimized Patient Recall: AEG Vision has developed and launched a state-of-the-art patient Recall System based on advanced patient analytics. This includes: a) enhanced individually-customized message creative, b) a new coordinated cadence of e-mail, text, phone reminders generating better response rates, and c) an advanced “smart” eye exam appointment book on each brand’s customized website.
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges for the entire Optical Industry, AEG Vision remains optimistic about the future of their expansion strategy. The company is actively engaged in discussions to bring more leading Practices into the AEG Family.
“AEG Vision’s ability to adapt and succeed in this unprecedented time has resonated with leading eye care professionals across the country,” said Joe Terzo, Chief Development Officer. “We look forward to partnering with practices who share our commitment to innovation, safety and exceptional patient care.”